Wednesday 17 August 2011

A Debate ? Whats better Hot tub time machine or The hangover ?

Hi Readers, This will be short and comment with your thoughts!


Me personally I have a split opinion on this on the main part as both movies are awesome from the script the actors and the re-watch ability. 

The scripts are great, both about getting wasted and going through the funny consequences, but within the hangover I was out of breath by the end of it, m side was hurting so much with hot tub time I laughed throughout although never nearly died watching it. 

So round one to The Hangover DING DING! 

The actors is the split decision so I show the points decision on each with four seperate bouts 

Craig Robinson v Ed Helms = As in the office both are funny but in hot tub time machine Nick 'Agnew' Webber is by far funnier than Stu who by the end of the movie is petty annoying and smug (I wish I could pull heather graham) so its ends up 8-6 in favour of Craig

Rob Croddry v Zach Galifinakis = This I wish I could fight for rob(as i love Children's Hospital) but although he is hilarious and so funny, but Alan is retarded and possibly the funniest character I have ever seen in a movie, the way he always comes up with memorable lines like ' not at the table Carlos ' I could not stop crying (Baby is so funny) So this goes to Zach 10- 7 

Carl Duke v Justin Bartha = This is no contest, main fact is Justin is not in the movie and a bit to straight to be funny and I know all the wildcards cant be funny but ever since watching Greek and Sex Drive Carl duke has been in my eyeline to hit stardom big time and in this movie he steps up to the mark with being the voice of reason and also the voice of sanity compared to Rob Corddry who is mental, so the round goes to Carl Duke 10-7

Finally the two leading men of the movies and basically two of my favourite leading men previous to both movies love Bradley cooper in Wedding crashers and John Cusack in Grosse point blank , so not bias what so ever in this . Both play the role with such convincing actions I was sucked into the movie and found myself wanting to be there. With Phil (brad) he is the one who wants to escape his life and comes up with the funniest line in the movie 'PAGING DOCTOR FAGGOT’, but john Cusack has this knack of better psychical comedic acting and playing the sarcastic friend down to a tee so this has to be a tie at 8-8 

33 HTTM - Hangover 33 (I actually did not think I would come out in a tie) so on supporting cast it has to go to HTTM its got CHEVY CHASE in it.

Round three is re watchabilty and is a difficult question, for the most part I love hangover much the same way I love 'Anchorman' I watched in religiously for months every couple of days and I’m pretty sure I wore it out, where HTTM I watch consistently and keeps the laughs and I see more and more stuff and jokes and is much the same bracket as Groundhog day, so round three and the bout goes to HTTM, 

I'm as surprised as you I though HANGOVER WOULD WIN! But I guess my winner is HOT TUB TIME MACHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment